DEPARTMENT NAME : PHARMACY DEPARTMENT
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT : MR. STANLEY ANAK RIGET
Each section/unit is located at a different location as listed below:
|Ambulatory Pharmacy||Ground floor, Specialist Block|
|npatient Pharmacy||Basement, Inpatient Block|
|Sterile Complex Section||Basement, Inpatient Block|
|Satellite I Pharmacy||Level 6, Inpatient Block|
|Satellite II Pharmacy||Ground Floor, New Block|
|Satellite III Pharmacy||Level 8, Inpatient Block|
|RTU Pharmacy||Ground Floor, RTU Block|
|Drug Information Service||Basement, Inpatient Block|
|Procurement and Supply||Basement, Inpatient Block|
|Pharmacotherapy Section||Basement, Inpatient Block|
Pharmacy Department, Hospital Umum Sarawak consists of 173 staff holding various post, eg. pharmacist, pharmacist assistant, administrative assistant and general worker.
Pharmacy Department is subdivided into 6 functional sections, ie. Procurement & Supply, In-patient Pharmacy, Out-patient Pharmacy, Pharmacotherapy Section, Management & Training and Sterile Production.
Providing best pharmaceutical services for the health and well-being of the nation.
Pharmacy department are to serve all stakeholders through commitments to 9 standards of practice
- The employees will serve the patients by providing proficient and compassionate pharmaceutical care.
- The employees will serve each other by adhering faithfully to the department’s code of conduct as stated below.
- The employees will serve other health professionals by treating them as customers and ensuring that their needs are met within the context of good pharmacy practice.
- The management team will serve the department by establishing an environment conducive to pursuing the vision.
- The management team will serve its employees by establishing and maintaining an environment that fosters professional growth, a cooperative spirit at all levels and respect for the individual and his/her uniqueness.
- The department will serve the hospital by fulfilling the vision, mission and values of the institution by serving the patients and other care professionals and by conducting its business in a responsible fashion.
- The department will serve the hospital by becoming a recognized leader in hospital pharmacy in the community and establishing itself as a source of pride for the hospital.
- The department will serve the trainee pharmacists and pharmacy assistants by providing an environment conducive to learning all aspects of pharmacy practice: the ethical and legal, the technical, the cognitive, the interpersonal and the compassionate.
- The department will serve the profession of pharmacy by developing programs and processes that continuously advance and improve patient care
Services provided :
Pharmacy Department, SGH opens 24 Hours daily since 2010 and ETD Pharmacy 24 hours service started since 2nd April 2018 with appropriate number of staff to work under shift duty/schedule.Our scope of services including Ambulatory pharmacy services,Inpatient pharmacy services,Non-sterile production,Ward pharmacy services,Clinical pharmacokinetic services,Sterile production,Logistic pharmacy services,Management & raining,Drug & poison information services, Traditional & complementary medicine ,Clinical research center and Nuclear pharmacy.
i). “Kempen Kesedaran Keselamatan Pengubatan” : 6-7 Nov 2018
– To create awareness among staff and public on the safe use of medicine.
ii). Pharmacy CPD Program
Pharmacy Dept organizes 6 CPD Program/Workshop in a year for all pharmacy staff in government hospitals and clinics in Kuching-Samarahan zone. These sessions/workshops are to provide updates and information for pharmacy staff.